Journals and Articles
Finding specific journals or journal articles
If you have a reference for a particular journal article, or if you want to find out if we take a particular journal title, use the Journal Finder.
Searching for journal articles (Subject-specific journal databases)
- PsycInfo – the American Psychological Association’s (APA) resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations, is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioural science and mental health. It contains approximately 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s. Journal coverage, which spans from the 1800s to present, includes international material selected from around 2,400 periodicals in dozens of languages
- PsycArticles – the American Psychological Association's (APA), definitive source of full-text, peer-reviewed scholarly and scientific articles in psychology. The database contains approximately 150,000 articles from over 70 journals
- Child Development & Adolescent Studies - Indexing and abstracts for the literature on the growth and development of children through to the age of 21. Content covers worldwide biomedical and social sciences sources.
- CINAHL - an authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers. This database provides indexing for 2,857 journals and the full text of 560 titles
- ProQuest Hospital Collection - comprises the ProQuest Psychology, Health & Medical Complete, Health Management, and Nursing & Allied Health databases.
- Psychology Database - provides access to over 540 titles available in full text plus abstracts and indexing for a further 100 titles. Coverage ranges from behavioural, clinical, cognitive, developmental, experimental, industrial and social psychology, along with personality, psychobiology and psychometrics.
- Medline (with Full-Text) - the United States National Library of Medicine's (NLM®) premier bibliographic database providing information from the fields of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Veterinary medicine, Allied health and pre-clinical sciences
- RCNi Journals - A collection of Royal College of Nursing journals which provide health professionals with the latest developments impacting nursing, including changes in policy, practice and research. Please note that Evidence Based Nursing is not included in this collection
Searching for journal articles (Multi-disciplinary databases)
Searching for journal articles (Abstracting & indexing databases)
Should you want to undertake a more thorough search for research materials/literature, try searching the following abstract and indexing databases. Unlike our other databases, generally you will only find the abstract of articles within these databases. Conference papers are also available too.