These resources are a quick means of accessing a wide variety of quality original information that includes academic and peer-reviewed journal articles.
Searching skills - helps you find journal articles using our databases and electronic resources.
Databases A-Z - for a full list of the databases and services we have purchased.
Databases for your subject are listed on the Resources for your Subject guides
Multi-subject databases and e-resources
- Academic Search Complete is full text and covers most subject areas.
- Images - the e-images page has links to image archives and search engines.
- Index to Theses is an index with abstracts of theses accepted for higher degrees by the Universities of Great Britain and Ireland.
- Ingenta Connect is full text and covers most subject areas.
- JSTOR is full text and a collection of back issues of journals in Arts and Sciences.
- Nexis is full text and has articles from many sources including local, regional and national newspapers.
- Oxford University Press Journals is full text and covers a wide range of subject areas.
- Project Muse is full text and abstract and covers subject areas including literature, history, visual & performing arts, cultural studies, education, politics, gender studies and economics
- SAGE Journals Online is full text and abstract in a wide range of subject areas.
- Science Direct is a full text resource and covers subject areas including science and technology, economics and health.
- Scopus - covers scientific, technical, medical and social sciences literature including, arts and humanities.
- SocINDEX - this sociology research database encompasses the broad spectrum of sociological study.
- Web of Science is summary and reference with some full text and covers most subject areas.
- Wiley Online Library is full text and covers science, technology and medicine.
- Zetoc provides access to the British Library's Electronic Table of Contents of current journals and conference proceedings