Journals and Articles
Finding specific journals or journal articles
If you have a reference for a particular journal article, or if you want to find out if we take a particular journal title, use the Journal Finder.
Searching for journal articles (Multi-subject, full-text, journal databases)
- The United States National Library of Medicine's (NLM®) premier
bibliographic database providing information from the fields of
Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Veterinary medicine, Allied health and
- Alternatively you may prefer the freely available Pubmed interface – note that you may not always be given direct access to the full text of articles that the University has in its subscription databases using this interface so you may have to use the Journal Finder to see if we have access to the full text.
- PubMed comprises more than 26 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- A really useful website explaining the differences between MEDLINE and PUBMED can be found here: https://www.nlm.nih.gov/bsd/difference.html
- ASTM Compass - provides access to over 12,000 ASTM Standards together with Research Reports, technical papers, Manuals and Data Sets.
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full-Text - articles, books and reports in criminology. Subjects cover criminal justice; criminal law and procedure; corrections and prisons; police and policing; criminal investigation; forensics sciences and investigation; history of crime; substance abuse and addiction; probation and parole.
- Taylor & Francis Collection - over 1,750 journal titles including Journal of Forensic Psychiatry & Psychology, Forensic Science Policy & Management and Journal of Forensic Social Work
- ProQuest Hospital Collection - covers many health related subject areas, such as Pathology & Psychiatry and includes journals such as Forensic Science Communication and Journal of Forensic Biomechanics
- ScienceDirect- 2,000 scientific, technical and medical related titles including Forensic Science International: Genetics Supplement Series and Journal of Forensic & Legal Medicine
- SpringerLink - 1,200 science, technology and medicine peer-reviewed journals including Forensic Toxicology & Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology
- Academic Search Complete - A full-text database of over 6,000 journals in most subject areas, titles include Indian Journal of Forensic Medicine & Pathology and Issues in Forensic Psychology
- Dentistry & Oral Sciences Sources - Includes Indian Journal of Forensic Odontology and Journal of Forensic Odonto-Stomatology
- Medicines Complete - contains some of the world's leading drug and healthcare reference sources, including British National Formulary, BNF for Children, Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, Dietary Supplements, Herbal Medicines, Injectable Drugs Guide, Martindale:The Complete Drug Reference, Pharmaceutical Excipients, Stockley's Drug Interactions.
- ProQuest Central - complete databases across all major subject areas, including business, health and medical, social sciences, arts and humanities, education, science and technology, and religion. The collection includes thousands of full-text scholarly journals, newspapers, magazines, dissertations, working papers, and market reports.
- Annual Reviews - provides review research literature in 46 disciplines for the biomedical, life, physical and social sciences.
The articles are written by leading scholars who are dedicated to
helping scientists and researchers navigate the vast amount of research
and data that is available to them.
Searching for journal articles (Abstracting & indexing databases)
Should you want to undertake a more thorough search for research materials/literature, try searching the following abstract and indexing databases. Unlike our other databases, generally you will only find the abstract of articles within these databases. Conference papers are also available too.