Journals and Articles
Electronic subscriptions are listed on the Journal Finder page.
Search by journal title then follow the blue resource link.
If the Library does not hold a particular journal [in print or electronic format] you can request a copy of the article you require from the Document Delivery Service.
Multi-Disciplinary full text databases:
- Academic Search Complete - A full-text database of over 6000 journals in most subject areas
- ASTM Compass - provides access to over 12,000 ASTM Standards together with Research Reports, technical papers, Manuals and Data Sets.
- ScienceDirect - over 2000 scientific, technical and medical related titles
- JSTOR - historical archive is a full text collection of journals. We subscribe to the Arts and Sciences I, II, III, and Ecology & Botany collections
- Environment Complete - Covers areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, renewable energy sources, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more
- SpringerLink - 1200 science, technology and medicine peer-reviewed journals. Full-text access is available from 1997-present
- Nature online archive - over 6600 digitised issues of Nature from the very first issue, on 4th November 1869, through to 1996. Nature - For access to more recent articles from Nature, use Academic Search Complete - where full-text articles are available from 1997 to present. Note, as there is a one-year embargo on this platform, meaning only the abstracts of content less than 1 year old is available, we also take a print subscription to Nature. This can be found at class number 500 in the journals collection on the second floor of the Library (Preston Campus)
- Wiley Online Library – full-text access to 757 journal titles in the subject areas of science, technology and medicine
- Lexis Library - UK case law and legislation
- Westlaw - UK case law and legislation plus some international case law
- Crossfire (Beilstein Gmelin) - a database of chemical information, including chemical reactions and compounds
Multi-Disciplinary Abstract and Indexing databases:
- Web of Knowledge - is summary and reference with some full text and covers most subject areas - over 8,000 journals
- Scopus - one of the largest abstracting and indexing databases of research literature and quality web sources. Covers scientific, technical, medical and social sciences literature including, arts and humanities - over 14,000 titles
All our Electronic Resources section provides details of all our online resources and includes an E-Databases A-Z list.