Journals and Articles
Electronic subscriptions are listed on the Journal Finder page.
Search by journal title then follow the blue resource link.
If the Library does not hold a particular journal [in print or electronic format] you can request a copy of the article you require from the Document Delivery Service.
Multi-Disciplinary full text databases:
- Academic Search Complete - A full-text database of over 6000 journals in most subject areas
- ASTM Compass - provides access to over 12,000 ASTM Standards together with Research Reports, technical papers, Manuals and Data Sets.
- ScienceDirect - over 2000 scientific, technical and medical related titles
- JSTOR - historical archive is a full text collection of journals. We subscribe to the Arts and Sciences I, II, III, and Ecology & Botany collections
- Environment Complete - Covers areas of agriculture, ecosystem ecology, energy, renewable energy sources, natural resources, marine & freshwater science, geography, pollution & waste management, environmental technology, environmental law, public policy, social impacts, urban planning, and more
- SpringerLink - 1200 science, technology and medicine peer-reviewed journals. Full-text access is available from 1997-present
- Nature online archive - over 6600 digitised issues of Nature from the very first issue, on 4th November 1869, through to 1996. Nature - For access to more recent articles from Nature, use Academic Search Complete - where full-text articles are available from 1997 to present. Note, as there is a one-year embargo on this platform, meaning only the abstracts of content less than 1 year old is available, we also take a print subscription to Nature. This can be found at class number 500 in the journals collection on the second floor of the Library (Preston Campus)
- Wiley Online Library – full-text access to 757 journal titles in the subject areas of science, technology and medicine
- Lexis Library - UK case law and legislation
- Westlaw - UK case law and legislation plus some international case law
- Crossfire (Beilstein Gmelin) - a database of chemical information, including chemical reactions and compounds
- Proquest Central - complete databases across all major subject areas, including business, health and medical, social sciences, arts and humanities, education, science and technology, and religion. The collection includes thousands of full-text scholarly journals, newspapers, magazines, dissertations, working papers, and market reports
- Annual Reviews - provides review research literature in 46 disciplines for the biomedical, life, physical and social sciences.
The articles are written by leading scholars who are dedicated to
helping scientists and researchers navigate the vast amount of research
and data that is available to them.
Multi-Disciplinary Abstract and Indexing databases:
- Web of Knowledge - is summary and reference with some full text and covers most subject areas - over 8,000 journals
- Scopus - one of the largest abstracting and indexing databases of research literature and quality web sources. Covers scientific, technical, medical and social sciences literature including, arts and humanities - over 14,000 titles
All our Electronic Resources section provides details of all our online resources and includes an E-Databases A-Z list.