Fines (and how to avoid them)
Due to the current COVID-19 outbreak please take note of the following updates to the Library Service:
• Please use the click and collect service
, and our extensive online resources and edatabases
• View our quick guides to accessing online library resources
under the library section on our support page
• If you are able to return your books to the library there is a designated returns box marked ‘UCLan Book Returns’ on Adelphi Street. Or, please post your books back to UCLan book returns, Library, UCLan Preston PR1 2HE
• Automatic renewals will extend to 24 October 2020 (this period may be extended if necessary)
• Fines will not be accrued from 17 March until 24 October 2020 (this period may be extended if necessary)
• Inter-library loans for physical books cannot be placed. However, electronic copies of Journal articles may still be available if the British Library can provide them
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
if you have any questions regarding the library.
For updates regarding coronavirus, please visit our coronavirus news page
You now get a maximum of 26 weeks auto renewals on books.
You can avoid fines by returning items by their due date. Don't forget to collect your receipt when using the self-issue and return machines.
Fines will be charged when:
- You have reached your maximum 26 weeks
- When another borrower has placed a request on a book that you fail to return in time.
Please note: Auto renew does not apply to Alumni or Sconul users who need to renew by contacting The <i> by phone on: 01772 895000 or by emailing the Inter Library loans team on: iLoans@uclan.ac.uk
After final-auto renewal date - 50 pence per day.
After book has been recalled by another user - £1 per day.
If you do not return your overdue items within 40 days your My Library Account will be locked. You will also incur replacement items costs.
How to pay fines
- At any of the Self-Service machines in the Library
- Pay online by logging into your Library Account. You will need your borrower barcode to access your account
If you have any enquiries about anything on this page or you are experiencing any issues with your library account please contact a member of staff by telephone 01772 895000 or email The <i>.