Journals and Articles
Finding full-text journal articles
Begin a basic search on Library Search for a broad result, linking to full text.
Use the Journal Finder if you have a reference for a specific journal article, or if you want to browse through issues of a particular journal,
If we don't subscribe to the journal you require you can order from our Inter-Library Loans Service.
Recommended Resources for Criminology
- Criminal Justice Abstracts with Full Text - Provides references and full text links to articles, books and reports in criminology. Topics include crime trends, prisons, offenders, victims and sentencing.
- PsycINFO - Summaries of journal articles, reports, books and dissertations in psychology and related disciplines.
- Forensic Netbase This is a searchable database of electronic books covering the subject areas of Forensics, Criminal Justice and Law and Law enforcement.
- Oxford Scholarship Online Law Collection contains over 370 full-text electronic books, publication areas of law include company & commercial, constitutional & administrative, criminal law & criminology, employment, human rights and more.
Government and Legal Information
- Westlaw UK - Large comprehensive legal online service including case law, legislation, journals, current awareness and news.
- Lexis Library - UK cases, legislation, full text journals, Halsbury’s Laws, Halsbury’s Statutes, Stone’s Justice Manual
- HeinOnline English Reports - (1220-1867) - A collection of the decisions of the English Courts prior to the commencement of the Law Reports in 1865
- House of Commons Parliamentary Papers - Fully indexed and searchable full-text House of Commons Parliamentary Paper from 1715 to present. Some supplementary material back to 1688.
- We also have a number of multi-subject databases that contain a combination of full text and bibliographic journals, and can also provide useful results within the Criminology field.
- Academic Search Complete
A full text database of over 6000 journals
- Social Policy and Practice
An abstract database of social policy materials from 1890-present, including information on public health, social care, homelessness, and crime.
- Project Muse
A collection of 384 full text journals from over 70 scholarly publishers. Subject areas include: literature, history, cultural studies, education, politics, gender studies, economics and more.
- Sage Journals Online
Over 40 full text journals. Criminology titles include Criminal Justice and Behavior and the Probation Journal
- SocINDEX with Full Text is a sociology research database. Its extensive scope and content provide users with a wealth of extremely useful information encompassing the broad spectrum of sociological study
- Proquest Central - complete databases across all major subject areas, including business, health and medical, social sciences, arts and humanities, education, science and technology, and religion. The collection includes thousands of full-text scholarly journals, newspapers, magazines, dissertations, working papers, and market reports
Abstract & Indexing Databases
For a more thorough search for try the following abstract and indexing databases.