Journals and Articles
Electronic subscription: use the Journal Finder link to search by journal title then follow the blue resource link, taking you to the full-text articles.
If the Library does not hold a particular journal (in print or electronic format) you can request a copy of the article you require from the Inter-library Loans service.
Search for Chemistry journals/articles here:
Search for multi-disciplinary journals/articles here:
- ASTM Compass - provides access to over 12,000 ASTM Standards together with Research Reports, technical papers, Manuals and Data Sets.
- ScienceDirect - over 2000 scientific, technical and medical related titles.
- Academic Search Complete - A full-text database of over 6000 journals in most subject areas.
- SpringerLink - 1200 science, technology and medicine peer-reviewed journals. Full-text access is available from 1997-present.
- Nature online archive - over 6600 digitised issues of Nature from the very first issue, on 4th November 1869, through to 1996.
- Wiley Online Library – full-text access to 757 journal titles in the subject areas of science, technology and medicine.
- Taylor & Francis Collection - over 1750 journal titles, including Journal of Sulfur Chemistry, Physics and Chemistry Liquids, Journal of Coordination Chemistry.
- Medicines Complete - contains some of the world's leading drug and healthcare reference sources, including British National Formulary, BNF for Children, Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, Dietary Supplements, Herbal Medicines, Injectable Drugs Guide, Martindale:The Complete Drug Reference, Pharmaceutical Excipients, Stockley's Drug Interactions.
- Proquest Central - complete databases across all major subject areas, including business, health and medical, social sciences, arts and humanities, education, science and technology, and religion. The collection includes thousands of full-text scholarly journals, newspapers, magazines, dissertations, working papers, and market reports
- Annual Reviews - provides review research literature in 46 disciplines for the biomedical, life, physical and social sciences.
The articles are written by leading scholars who are dedicated to
helping scientists and researchers navigate the vast amount of research
and data that is available to them.
If you find a resource which the Library doesn't subscribe to you can request a copy of the article via the Inter Library Loan service.
Multi-Disciplinary Abstract and Indexing databases:
- Web of Knowledge - is summary and reference with some full text and covers most subject areas - over 8,000 journals
- Scopus - one of the largest abstracting and indexing databases of research literature and quality web sources. Covers scientific, technical, medical and social sciences literature including, arts and humanities - over 14,000 titles