Additional eResources, includes market reporting & analysis, financial data and advertising intelligence:
- BRAD – advertising intelligence including actual costs for advertising with circulation/audience data is also available.
- FAME (Financial Analysis Made Easy) – detailed financial and ownership information for 2.5 million UK companies.
- Gartner - provides valuable IT related research, analysis and opinion, for enhance planning, decision making, and measurement purposes.
- HS Talks - lectures and case studies commissioned from leading experts in industry, commerce and academia.
- IBIS World - UK's most comprehensive collection of Industry Market Research and Industry Risk Ratings.
- Global Apparel Markets - business and market analysis of worldwide trends in the global apparel industry [Select 'Download' to access the various issues of this publication]
- Mintel – consumer market research reports covering a vast array of products and services.
- OSIRIS - the international version of the FAME database containing listed company accounts from around the world.
- Passport GMID - global market information database and analysis tool containing comprehensive data and reports across all industries, countries and consumers.
- Sage Research Methods - online tool to help researchers with their projects, includes books, journals, newly commissioned videos & cases
- World Advertising Research Center (WARC) – marketing and advertising intelligence. with publications like ADMAP and the International Journal of Market Research. It also contains thousands of case studies.
- Worth Global Style Network (WGSN) – news and information from the fashion and style industries. including trend forecasts, analysis of retail sales, company profiles and reports on issues such as visual merchandising.
Databases for searching journal articles - multi subject
- Academic Search Complete - full text database covering most subject areas.
- Annual Reviews - review articles in the area of Organisational Psychology and Organisational Behaviour.
- JSTOR – includes Journal of Human Resources, Journal of Management Issues & Journal of Organisational Behaviour.
- ProQuest Central - includes business databases such as ABI/INFORM, Business Market Research & Health Management collections.
- Sage Journals - includes Organization Studies, Management Learning and Management Communication Quarterly.
- SpringerLink - 141 business and economics titles
- Science Direct - 104 business, management and accounting titles
- Taylor & Francis Library - includes Human Resource Management International and Journal of Organisational Transformation & Social Change.
- Wiley Online Library – 237 business, economics, finance and accounting titles
Databases searching for journal articles - abstracting & indexing
For a more thorough search try the following abstract and indexing databases.
Use the Inter-Library Loan/Document Supply Service for any items beyond our subscriptions.
Other E-resources are available, or for legal or educational purposes the following maybe useful:
- British Standards Online (BSOL) - standards covering general business, marketing, risk management and finance.
- Education Database - access to over 900 top educational publications, including more than 600 of the titles in full text.
- Lexis Library – legal information sources including UK cases, legislation and journals e.g. Harvey on Industrial Relations & Employment Law and HMRC manuals.
- WestLaw – also provides access to UK cases, legislation and many more journals such as Journal of Business Law and Journal of Competition Law & Economics.
Newspaper and trade publication articles can be brilliant sources of current and relevant information. Why not try: