Additional eResources, includes market reporting & analysis, financial data and advertising intelligence:
- BRAD – advertising intelligence including actual costs for advertising on the television, radio, web/digital media, out-of-home (transport/roadside/venues), in newspapers and magazines. Circulation/readership/audience data is also available.
- FAME (Financial Analysis Made Easy) – detailed financial and ownership information for 2.5 million UK companies.
- Gartner - provides valuable IT related research, analysis and opinion, for enhance planning, decision making, and measurement purposes.
- HS Talks - lectures and case studies commissioned from leading experts in industry, commerce and academia.
- IBIS World - UK's most comprehensive collection of Industry Market Research and Industry Risk Ratings.
- Global Apparel Markets - business and market analysis of worldwide trends in the global apparel industry [Select 'Download' to access the various issues of this publication]
- Mintel – consumer market research reports covering a vast array of products and services.
- OSIRIS - the international version of the FAME database containing listed company accounts from around the world.
- Passport GMID - global market information database and analysis tool containing comprehensive data and reports across all industries, countries and consumers.
- Sage Research Methods - online tool to help researchers with their projects, includes books, journals, newly commissioned videos & cases
- World Advertising Research Center (WARC) – marketing and advertising intelligence. WARC is the home of publications like ADMAP and the International Journal of Market Research. It also contains thousands of case studies.
- Worth Global Style Network (WGSN) – news and information from the fashion and style industries. WGSN includes trend forecasts, analysis of retail sales, company profiles and reports on issues such as visual merchandising.
Other E-resources are available, or for legal or educational purposes the following maybe useful:
- British Standards Online (BSOL) - standards covering general business, marketing, risk management and finance.
- Education Database - access to over 900 top educational publications, including more than 600 of the titles in full text.
- Lexis Library – wealth of legal information sources including UK cases and legislation, journals and magazines (e.g. Harvey on Industrial Relations and Employment Law) and manuals (e.g. HMRC manuals)
- vLearn - is a free video resource featuring "leading thinkers" from business and academia. The videos feature intellectually rigorous discussions on a range of subjects, as well as links to peer-reviewed journal articles from Emerald
- WestLaw – similar to Lexis Library, WestLaw provides access to UK cases and legislation and many journals (e.g. Journal of Business Law and Journal of Competition Law & Economics)
Newspaper and trade publication articles can be brilliant sources of current and relevant information. Why not try:
- Nexis UKarchive of over 29,000 news titles from around the world, including UK national broadsheets (and tabloids). The archive is updated daily.
- Daily Mail Historical Archive more than 100 years of this major UK national newspaper can be viewed in full digital facsimile format, with advertisements, news stories and images that capture 20th century culture and society.
- Economist Historical Archive – digitised archive of The Economist from 1843 – 2008.
- Guardian & Observer Historical Archive – digitised archive of the Observer newspaper from 1791-2003 and the Guardian from 1821-2003.
- Illustrated London News – digitised archive of the World’s first illustrated weekly newspaper from 1842-2003.
- New York Times Archive - digitised archive of The New York Times (1851-2008)
- Picture Post - provides a fascinating snapshot of British life from the 1930s to the 1950s, with thousands of photos of ordinary people doing ordinary things
- Times Digital Archive – every article from The Times newspaper from 1785-2011