Journals and Articles
If you have a reference for a particular journal article, or if you want to find out if we take a particular journal title, use Journal Finder.
If the Library does not have the journal article you want, you can request a copy from the Document Supply Service.
A database is an index to published journal articles.
- AMED - Allied & Complementary Medicine covers a selection of journals in complementary medicine, palliative care, and several professions allied to medicine
- BioMed Central - A collection of nursing and health related databases covering worldwide research in medical and nursing fields.
- BMJ Journals Online - A collection of full text journals published by the British Medical Journal.
- CINAHL Complete - CINAHL Complete is the authoritative resource for nursing and allied health professionals, students, educators and researchers.
- Cochrane Library - includes The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews - evidence based systematic reviews providing high quality information to people providing and receiving care and those responsible for research, teaching, funding and administration at all levels.
- Embase - Embase is a major biomedical and pharmaceutical database, indexing over 3,500 journals.
- HerbMedPro - An interactive, electronic herbal database providing access to the scientific data underlying the use of herbs for health.
- Maternity and Infant Care - Abstracts to journal articles from over 550 international English language journals, books, and grey literature relating to pregnancy, labour, birth, postnatal care, and neonatal care and the first year of an infant’s life.
- Medicines Complete - Contains some of the world's leading drug and healthcare reference sources.
- Medline (with Full-Text) - Provides information from the fields of Medicine, Nursing, Dentistry, Veterinary medicine, Allied health and pre-clinical sciences.
- Nursing & Allied Health Database - covering nursing, allied health, alternative and complementary medicine, and much more.
- Ovid - Key provider of Nursing Resources to the NHS and nursing schools.
- Proquest Central - Multiple databases across all major subject areas, including business, health and medical, social sciences, arts and humanities, education, science and technology, and religion.
- PsycARTICLES - A database of full-text articles from 56 journals published by the American Psychological Association.
- PsycINFO - American Psychological Association’s (APA) resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations.
- Public Health Database- Covers nutrition, physical fitness and hygiene, population studies,social services and welfare, statistics and more.
- ScienceDirect - 1500 scientific, technical and medical full-text journals.
- SPORTDiscus Fulltext - consists of more than 600,000 records of journal articles and books on sport, fitness, and related topics
- Wiley Online Library - 757 journal titles in the subject areas of science, technology and medicine.