Did you know, all UCLan students can take advantage of a free subscription to Office 365:
* Office 365 – Install the latest Microsoft Office software at home on up to 5 devices - including PCs, Macs, tablets (including iPad) and smartphones, absolutely free (for as long as you remain a UCLan student).
In addition to this, UCLan students also have access to other fantastic services.
* OneDrive – Every UCLan student gets a huge 1 Terabyte of personal storage space in the cloud (in addition to the 50GB email space you already have).
* Office Online – Create and edit Word, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Excel documents from any device’s web browser and save to your OneDrive space. New software is also available through Office Online such as Microsoft Teams, Sway and Forms.
Follow these simple steps to install Microsoft Office on to your device.
Our detailed guide with screenshots is also available.
Follow the instructions for Windows above - Office 365 apps will be offered for download.
To set up Office 365 on your iPhone/iPod Touch/Android device:
Download the Word, Excel and PowerPoint Apps from the App Store and log in with your University student email address and password.
(Tip. Once you have entered your email address, select 'Organizational Account').
• Office 365 for PC (Office 365 base applications)
• Office 365 for Mac (Office 365 for Mac base applications)
• Office for iPad
• Office Mobile for iPhone
• Office Mobile for Android
All current UCLan students including those studying at our Partnership institutions who have a @uclan.ac.uk email address.
You will be licensed for the duration of your course(s).
We have created a helpful guide.
Each subscription license allows you to run Office on up to 5 devices - including PCs, Macs, tablets (including iPad) and smartphones.
Yes, this is full Office on the PC, Mac, iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch, and Android platform and all are available for offline use.
Yes, download the Word, Excel and PowerPoint Apps from the App Store and log in with your University student email address and password.
(Tip: Once you've entered your email address, select 'Organizational Account').
There should be an option to 'sign in to an existing Office 365 subscription' or similar wording. Choose this option and then enter your university email address as the username and your normal university password.
This is normal - the software is tied to your university account, it needs to check periodically that you are still a valid member of the university. It may do this every 30 days. Just enter your email address and password when prompted.
You can restore them from your OneDrive recycle bin if it’s within 90 days, see the helpful guide to find out how.
Unlike your “N” drive which is held on servers at UCLan, OneDrive for Business is hosted in Microsoft’s datacentres in the UK and Europe, who are responsible for making sure it’s secure and backed up.