MindView is a mind or concept mapping application that is a visual learning tool for brainstorming, organising and presenting ideas
• Generates mind maps as visual representations of ideas linked together.
• Readily captures and helps organise thought processes.
• Powerful MS Office interface to synchronise, export and import task lists within MS Outlook.
• Easy to use templates
• Document structure is automatically formatted to reflect the branch hierarchy and MS documents can be re-imported retaining any modifications in MS applications.
• Native documents can also be imported to use as templates.
• HTML Templates exported to create websites with built-in File Transfer Protocol upload manager.
• Shared mind maps including all multimedia, hyperlinks (web) and linked files.
• Integrate with Dragon Speech Recognition to construct and manipulate maps
• Text notes and attachments, including external resources (e.g. pictures, video, FLASH ® animation, Excel and PDF files) added in maps.
• Automatic Generation of Citation and Bibliography.
• Visual customisation such as background colour and labels.
• Calculation of numeric values using formulae.
• Multimedia – catalogue of 1500 clipart illustrations, root shapes, map styles and palette of icons for branches. Keyword search choice and drop into map.
• Multi-maps – linking maps by creating connections between branches.
• Printing – fit to page or print over multiple pages.
• Mind Map View – root at centre plus clockwise radiating main and subsidiary branches. Also Top Down and Left/Right orientation.
• Outline – linear hierarchical list (top down) useful for tasks.
• Gantt and Timeline – maps displayed with horizontal time scales.
Note: Images and descriptions of the software are courtesy of © 2019 MatchWare A/S
• Brainstorming – using shared maps to instantly capture shared ideas then highlight and link key concepts later.
• Templates – provided 80 templates to help you get started. Tailor your template to meet specific needs and use help ideas in notes and pop-up comments to customise your map.
• Presentations – export maps into PowerPoint to create presentations using ready-made templates. Each branch is exported as a slide with sub-branches listed below the slide heading. Import native presentations as templates or re-import where branch structure/layout is preserved.
• Shared Maps – maps can be shared during group sessions and can be converted into various formats through the MS Office Interface (e.g. Word and PowerPoint)
• Time Management – readily captures ideas and helps students focus on, organise their thought processes and manage their workload by breaking down or ‘bite sizing’ subjects, either for their own assignments or during ‘brainstorming’ within groups
• Multi Maps – links several documents automatically. Detach a branch to create a second map in the same workspace or in a new document.
• Task Management – add task information to the branches in your maps to create simple task lists, such as start and end times or priority. Export your task lists to MS Outlook.
SpLD (dyslexia, dyspraxia [DCD], dyscalculia, dysgraphia, ADHD, ADD, ASD inc. Asperger’s Syndrome):
• Short-term memory – strategies to help retain and recall ideas by capturing and saving key ideas in maps.
• Difficulties with structuring ideas, concentration and distraction issues – hierarchical structure helps with fluency and clarity of thought and communicating ideas to others.
• Sequencing difficulties – linking of ideas and facts in a visual logical map to display relationships between them, developing the writing process to the required academic tone.
• Links can be edited to re-organise and prioritise ideas.
• Suitable for visual learners by incorporating colour and images. Improve visual communication of ideas to colleagues.
• Maps can be used to focus on key ideas for discussions or revision.
• Maps can be shared and transformed into various formats, retaining original ideas and structure through MS Office Interface.
• Maps are saved and stored and when maintaining concentration is difficult, they can be retrieved at a later time.
• Works with the speech recognition software (Dragon NS Professional) to construct maps.