The new social spaces are proving extremely popular with students and staff. Any request for use of this space including banner stands or portions of the space should be emailed to HCHelpdesk@uclan.ac.uk or by telephoning 01772 892080.
We are waiting for your call!
It is important these requests are managed to be sympathetic and compatible with the social space usage protocols (see below), ensuring that clashes do not occur and events are managed within the area, in terms of potential disruption to others and adjacent areas and in line with their primary use.
The original design proposal for these spaces was to create social, comfortable student 'dwelling' places that could be used for small informal group meetings, student societies and extra curricula activities and to take pressure off the Library. Recently it was agreed that these spaces are for student and staff alike.
Both spaces are managed by Estates Services supported by respective Buildings Teams for cleaning and furniture arrangements, with booking requests through Catering Services.
Any booking requests should be directed to HCHelpdesk@uclan.ac.uk or by telephoning 01772 892080 as it is important these requests are managed to be sympathetic and compatible with the social space use, ensuring that clashes do not occur and events are managed with the area, in terms of potential disruption to others and adjacent areas, not oversized, and compatible with fire risk assessments. Initially a decision will be given as to whether the booking request is agreed by assessing the suitability of the request to the space. If the decision is yes then a risk assessment by the event organiser will be produced for the activity and signed off by Catering Services/Hospitality Manager.
· Student and staff social space
· Staff and student informal meeting spaces
These spaces do have some bookable areas, however it should be noted, that the areas are social spaces and social activities will prevail in the areas and therefore any booked events will need to co-exist with this need.
· Students via SU may want to promote, canvass or utilise the area for their own use
· Additional space for the consumption of food and beverages
· Student-facing services may want to promote student support services available, e.g. Study abroad, Careers, mentoring
· General promotion of University activities such as Sport activities, Green Week, Act of Kindness (AOK) days etc.
· Display student work from time to time in agreed areas, such as artwork to give better visibility to the high quality of our student work for all visitors to these spaces.
Foster & Harrington Social Spaces
Mon - Fri 07:30 – 21:00 hrs
Mon - Fri 08.00 - 20.00 hrs