Choosing a university is a big deal. Right course, right place, right facilities, right career path, right fit for you…
There’s a lot to get right. Which is why it’s a brilliant idea to come along to a university exhibition this summer and check out as many universities as you can – including the University of Central Lancashire!
You’ll find a team from UCLan at the next round of university exhibitions ready to answer your questions and help you decide if the #TheUCLanExperience is right for you.
1. You need to register in advance for any of the university exhibitions you wish to attend via the following links: UCAS | UK Universities | What Career. Don’t forget to bring your ticket on the day, as you can scan it to receive extra information from your favourite universities.
2. Think ahead. Decide which universities you’d really like to talk to and draw up a list of questions in advance. Your questions shouldn’t just be academic – it’s just as important to find out about things like facilities and nightlife.
3. Download the prospectuses of the universities you particularly like the look of before you go, or request a copy in the post. You’ll be able to pick up copies at the exhibition – but they’re heavy!
4. Don’t just gather leaflets – talk to people on the stands. It’s what they’re there for and it will make your decision-making process much easier.
5. Wear comfortable shoes and bring a strong bag. The exhibitions are huge and you can bet that the universities you want to see will be at different ends of the venue. You’ll be bombarded with free gifts and leaflets, so a sturdy bag is a must.
6. Food and drink at exhibitions can be expensive and the queues aren’t funny. Bring snacks…
As well as information on the universities themselves, university exhibitions are a great way to discover career paths and courses you might not have thought about, and get information on student finance, career planning, gap years and more.
|UCLan Programme||University Exhibition||Location|
|24th - 25th February||UCAS Surrey - University of Surrey||Guildford|
|26th -27th February||UCAS Northern Ireland - Eikon Exhibition Centre||Lisburn|
|28th February||UK Uni Search||London|
|3rd - 4th March||UCAS Manchester - Manchester Central Convention Complex||Manchester|
|4th March||UK Uni Search||Leeds|
|11th - 12th March||UCAS West London - Brunel University||Uxbridge|
|13th March||UCAS Sussex - The Brighton Centre||Brighton|
|13th March||UK Uni Search||Sheffield|
|19th March||UCAS Hereford and Worcester - University of Worcester Arena||Worcester|
|23rd - 24th March||UCAS London - ExCel London||London|
|25th March||UCAS Lincolnshire - University of Lincoln||Lincoln|
|27th March||UCAS Kent - Kent Event Centre||Maidstone|
|23rd - 24th April||UCAS East Midlands - University of Derby||Derby|
|28th April||UCAS Hampshire - University of Winchester||Winchester|
|29th April||UCAS Tees Valley - Teesside University||Middlesbrough|
|30th April||UCAS Tyneside - Utilita Arena||Newcastle Upon Tyne|
|1st May||UCAS North and West Cumbria - University of Cumbria||Carlisle|
|2nd -3rd June||UCAS East London - University of East London||London|
|4th June||UCAS South London - St Mary's University||London|
|5th June||UCAS Staffordshire - Staffordshire University||Stoke-on-Trent|
|11th June||UCAS Suffolk - University of Suffolk||Ipswich|
|Mid June - tbc||Isle of Man - Ballarkermeen High School||Douglas|
|15th June||UCAS Humberside - University of Hull||Hull|
|16th - 17th June||UCAS West and North Yorkshire - Leeds Beckett University||Leeds|
|18th June||UCAS Essex - University of Essex||Colchester|
|18th June||UCAS Sheffield - FlyDSA Arena||Sheffield|
|22nd - 23rd June||UCAS Birmingham - NEC Birmingham||Birmingham|
|25th - 26th June||UCAS Bedfordshire - The University of Bedfordshire||Bedford|
|29th June||UCAS North Wales - Eirias Park||Conwy|
|30th June||UCAS Norfolk - Easton Sports Centre||Norwich|
|1st July||UCAS Liverpool - ACC Liverpool||Liverpool|
|2nd July||UCAS Lancashire - Edge Hill University||Liverpool|