School of Social Work, Care and Community
We are the largest provider of social work education in the North West, meaning that we are uniquely placed to offer a wide range of contemporary undergraduate and postgraduate courses drawing on real world practice experience, as well as high quality CPD opportunities for professionals working within the social work and social care fields.
Our students are at the heart of everything we do. Along with service users and carers, they form a central part of our learning culture based on maximising the strengths of our students and helping them to make a positive difference in the community.
- The largest provider of social work education in the North West.
- National reputation for high quality education, ranked 5th for Social Work in Guardian League Table 2020.
- Many study options to follow your interest.*
- Professionally accredited programmes.
- Gain practical experience through work placements and volunteering.
Note: the BA and MA Social Work Programmes are professionally regulated by Social Work England and so option modules may vary depending on the regulatory requirements in force at the time.
Centre for CPD
Our Centre for CPD offers continuing development training and education for social work and social care practitioners in the UK. It is founded on our high academic standards, strong values and ethics of social work and social care practice.