CPD and Information Events
The School of Dentistry UCLan presents a range of practical and lecture-based CPD events at the Preston campus. We can offer the best of tuition, equipment and facilities at one of the most accessible Higher Education Centres for Dentistry in the region.
Our practical courses take place in the newly upgraded Phantom Head room, which can accommodate up to 40 students at a time. We have a specialist Dental Clinic on site, and all the facilities for lectures and catering that you would expect in UCLan’s large and modern campus.
General dental practitioners and other dental professionals are required to remain up-to-date with their skills and knowledge in order to give their patients the best possible care and treatment. The School of Dentistry prides itself in keeping in touch with issues pertinent to the educational needs of those working within primary dental care dentistry. The School is delighted to be able to offer a range of CPD events designed with the dental practitioner and the dental team in mind.
Postgraduate Advice Event
These events are designed specifically for prospective postgraduate students.
- Wednesday 10th April 2019 2p.m.
- Wednesday 8th May 2019 2p.m.
- Sunday 23rd June 2019 10a.m. (part of Wider University Open Day)
- Saturday 6th July 2019 10a.m.
If none of these dates suit you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
To reserve a place on one of our upcoming events please use the 'Event Registration' form below.
UCLan School of Dentistry will hold, use and process your personal information to assist it in carrying out organisation of the Postgraduate Advice Event at which you have requested a place, and to try to customise the event for you. We will hold this information in case you subsequently apply to become a student, until the end of the application period for our 2019-2020 Postgraduate Programmes in September 2020.
Fields marked with an * must be completed.
Dentistry CPD Events Archive
- 27th February 2019 - 2pm - 5pm - Medico-legal aspects of oral surgery
- 27th February 2019 - 9am - 1pm - Clinical cross-infection
- 23 January 2019 - 6.30pm - 8pm - Implant issues: peri-implantitis and problems in primary care
- 23 January 2019 - 9am - 5.30pm - UCLan/BDA CPD Event Dental Radiography and CBCT Essentials for GDPs
- 12 December 2018 - 10am - 2pm - Radiology update.
- 22 September 2017 – 9am – 5pm – BDA (NW) & Uclan School of Dentistry Study Day and Core CPD Conference.
- 16 June 2017 - 9am - 5pm - Molar Endodontic Hands-on CPD course.
- 14 June 2017 - 3pm-7.30pm - Postgraduate advice event with free CPD.
- 1 June 2017 9am-17.00pm Hands-on CPD Course, ‘Contemporary Posterior Composites’ with Dr Matthew Holyoak
- 3 May 2017 15.00pm-19.30pm Postgraduate Advice Event and Free CPD Lecture: ‘Burn-out and Wellbeing in Dentists’ by Dr Alexander Montasem
- 19 April 2017 18.30pm-20.30pm A presentation on 'Cracked and Fractured Teeth: Treatment Considerations & Prognosis' on behalf of the BDA Ribble Branch.
- 1 March 2017 14.00pm-15.00pm ‘Evidence Based Practice’- an Open Lecture
- Included Guest Speaker Dr Ulugbek Nurmatov, a Research Fellow from Cardiff University with extensive experience in Evidence-Based Medicine (EBM).
- 27 February 2017 17.30pm-21.00pm ‘Research Symposium’ Presentations from staff and research students on ongoing research projects in the school.
- 27 January 2017 08.30am-17.00pm Molar Endodontic Hands-on CPD course
- 9 September 2016 9.00am-17.00pm UCLan and BDA (NW) Study Day and CPD Conference
Our CPD events are on-going throughout the year and take place at UCLan’s School of Dentistry, Preston PR1 2HE.
For any enquiries, please contact email@example.com. You can also follow our School Facebook and Twitter pages.