School of Dentistry
We offer a range of innovative undergraduate, postgraduate and CPD courses, including our graduate entry Dental Surgery, BDS and Clinical Dental Technology, BSc (Hons), the first undergraduate training programme of its kind in the UK.
Our undergraduate programmes include elements of shared training, to prepare students for how their will work in the future as part of the dental team.
Taught sessions are held in purpose-built facilities incorporating bright and modern phantom-head training areas as well as dedicated lecture and seminar rooms. We are also one of the few Universities in the UK with our very own on-campus Dental Clinic, and are fully equipped to give all dental students direct access to practical experience in high-end dental work within the institution.
- We’re proud to say that our Dental Surgery, BDS course has been awarded 4 QS Stars (Very Good). With access to state-of-the-art facilities such as our Dental Education Centres and our on-campus Dental Clinic, we enable trainee dentists to develop advanced clinical skills and treat real patients under expert supervision. Our 4 QS Stars reflects our outstanding teaching, high student satisfaction and the success of our graduates.
Discover our Dentistry courses
- State-of-the-art Phantom Head suite, housing 40 workstations with Phantom Head modules, together with the latest in audio-visual technology – with each unit linking up to the demonstrator's unit – ensuring that detailed work can be observed much more easily.
- A fully equipped and quality assured dental surgery with inter-oral camera facilities for demonstrations.
- Dedicated lecture rooms with AV equipment, suitable for lectures and tutorials, together with areas for relaxation between sessions.
- Space for one-to-one tutorial sessions.
Undergraduate students will treat real patients at four Dental Education Centres (DECs) based locally within the community and equipped with brand new surgeries, tutorial and study facilities.
You can also access the University’s Human Anatomy Resource and Learning Centres as part of your studies. The main University Library is also situated nearby and provides both hard copy and electronic resources.
UCLan Dental Clinic
We are the only university in the North West, and one of only a few nationally, to boast our own on-campus dental clinic. Our Dental Clinic provides clinical facilities which support the educational activity of the School of Dentistry. We are fully equipped to give postgraduate students direct access to practical clinical experience within the institution as well as providing suitable clinical experience for the whole Dental Team at the same location as they undertake their CPD studies.