Interactive Newsprint worked together with people in communities from Preston and beyond to experiment with a brand new technology called interactive paper.
Researchers from UCLan, Dundee and Surrey want to find out whether interactive paper could become a really interesting way of telling news stories or giving out information about what’s happening in the local community: and potentially create a new platform for community news. The project ran between 2011-2013.
- Winner of the EPSRC 'Telling Tales of Engagement' grant.
Appeared at SxSW festival in Austin, Texas (2012 and 2013)
- Shown at news:rewired conference (November 2012)
- Named as one of netexplo's top 100 global innovations (2012)
- Presented at Unbox festival, Dehli (2013)
- Presented at ICMC Conference, Porto (2012)
- Appeared at BBC's Connected Communities conference, Salford (2012)
- Exhibited at London Design Festival (2011)
Collaborators and Partners
- Jon Rogers, University of Dundee
- David Frohlich, University of Surrey
- Kate Stone, Novalia