Are you a Postgraduate Professional (PGP) who is ambitious and wants to develop your authentic leadership persona to lead from the front confidently and competently? Study this course module by module at PG Certificate or PG Diploma level or achieve an MSc in Medical Leadership (ML). The ML program will equip you to lead your team in the executive arena. Discover and capitalise on your unique leadership strengths and style to maximise your leadership legitimacy to improve your team performance.
Why study with us
- Join an up-to-date, dynamic and flexible course which offers tailored options to suit a wide range of postgraduate medical, clinical and healthcare professionals.
- Learn in a safe small cohort in bite sized chunks as you implement the learning step by step with support from the course leaders and fellow high potentials in your sphere of practice though each module.
- Access experienced, practising clinicians and commercial experts with current expertise in specific modules. They’re part of the extended academic, clinical and commercial NHS team readying you for the demands of the work place enabling you to cross polinate new ideas from industry for greater success and traction for you and your team.
Gallery01 / 05
What our students say
What you'll do
- The ML foundation enables PGPs to establish a baseline of their unique strengths, style, role competency and organisational priority in the context of their sphere of practice. The culture of the programme is to foster positive collaborative peer groups, and build the foundations of the academic toolkit and skill for successful postgraduate assessment attainment.
- In each ML module PGP's will drive innovation in leading self, leading with their team and developing the key senior leadership skill sets that are essential to the NHS leadership competency framework driving towards the exemplary level.
- Study at your own pace, putting new skills into practice with the support of your peers and the academic team before moving on to the next stage. Benefit from multi-professional learning in small groups of six per module. Study a flexible programme that allows for four exit awards.
- All ML modules are at a level 7.
- The foundation Module MB4300 is compulsory. You can study this as part of your ML PG Certificate pathway or ML PG Diploma pathway.
- To achieve an exit award in ML you must complete two modules with us.
- There are six optional modules to cherry pick from once you have completed the foundation module.
- You are required to have been successful at the PG Diploma level before undertaking the MSc Medical Leadership.
- We offer an additional modules to compliment the ML suite to enable PGPs to capture and gain academic credit for Work Based Learning projects or Continuous Professional Development. You may wish to capitalise on our Clinical Practice Management and Education exit awards. Please contact Jsamson1@uclan.ac.uk to discuss further.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
- The centre is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons, a professional membership organisation and registered charity which exists to advance patient care. The Royal College of Surgeons of England, registered charity number 212808.
Are you a career climber, or looking to develop a portfolio career then the Medical Leadership modules will enable you to create the baseline of your authentic leadership persona. Then cherry pick the module/ skill set you need to grow to deliver SLT leadership skillset bespoke for your development and your organisational need. The Medical Leadership modules provide a supportive and clear framework for ambitious PGPs to lead with confidence and competence.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Medicine located in the Faculty of Clinical and Biomedical Sciences
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page