Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality & Event Management
The MA Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management offers you the opportunity to study core modules whilst enabling further academic preference towards either the tourism or hospitality and event management sector.
There is a strong focus on employability within the service sector industries throughout the course and the management abilities required in this demanding and dynamic industry.
On successful completion of studying principles and practice in tourism, hospitality and events and personal management development, you will progress onto a specific period of internship within industry.
Why study with us
- We are affiliated to the Association of Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE)
- We have links with a range of varied employers across the service sector, both within the UK overseas.
- This course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
What you'll do
- You’ll get the opportunity to undertake work experience based on your interests, ambitions and career goals.
- You’ll practise for a career in tourism, hospitality and event management or a related occupation by developing professional and transferable skills. The four forms of industrial practice are: a period of work placement within industry, the opportunity to mentor/shadow key personnel, contribution to a specific consultancy initiative, or involvement within an active project management scheme.
- You’ll gain knowledge and understanding of the subject of tourism, hospitality and events and be able to evaluate contemporary issues in tourism, hospitality and events and related areas in the light of this knowledge and your work experience.
This programme involves both taught and research elements. The research element consists of two modules from which you'll need to choose one to gain the Masters degree; Managing Quality Service or International Tourism Management.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
We have great links with a range of varied employers across the service sector, both within the UK and overseas. The School enjoys all the benefits of cross industry participation and employability support and guidance for students. In addition to this, we remain affiliated to the Association of Tourism in Higher Education – a tourism led body that both informs the curriculum and future developments across tourism education today.
Applicants for the MA Internship in International Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management often work in the Tourism, Hospitality or Events and choose this course to develop their qualifications.
This scenario is recommended to applicants, as the internship is the core element of the course.
Fees and Funding
Scholarships and Bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page