Our International Hospitality and Event Management postgraduate course provides management education for existing managers and those with a relevant undergraduate education who want to develop a career in the dynamic area of international hospitality and event management.
Why study with us
- We are affiliated to the Association of Tourism in Higher Education (ATHE)
- We have links with a wide range of varied employers across the service sector, both within the UK and overseas
- We have guest speakers from the hospitality and events sectors to enhance the course content by offering practical examples from the industry.
What you'll do
- You’ll develop your ability to undertake independent, critical and substantive research and investigation within the area of hospitality and event management.
- You’ll be prepared for a career in hospitality and event management or a related occupation by developing professional and transferable skills.
Following the pandemic, we have found that some courses benefit from a blended learning and teaching approach. Therefore, the majority of your teaching will be face-to-face on campus aside from a small amount of online teaching where we have learnt it works best.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
- Our course has been accredited by the Institute of Hospitality, the professional body for managers and aspiring managers in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry worldwide.
We have great links with a range of varied employers across the service sector, both within the UK and overseas. The School enjoys all the benefits of cross industry participation and employability support and guidance for students. In addition to this, we remain affiliated to the Association of Tourism in Higher Education – a tourism led body that both informs the curriculum and future developments across tourism education today.
Our graduates from this course as students often had an entrepreneurial passion and either planned to open their own hospitality start-up /events company, or already owned it and wanted to develop it.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of bursaries, scholarships and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country to see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
Students with financially dependent children may be eligible for our Dependants Bursary as part of our financial support package.Find out more about Dependants Bursary
If you need extra support because you have unpaid caring responsibilities alongside your studies.Find out more about Carers Bursary
The University offers opportunities for student athletes to be supported with their aspirations of maintaining their playing career whilst also studying for a high-quality degree.Find out more about Sports scholarships
Alumni Loyalty Discount
UK students with a previous award from us will receive 20% tuition fee discount.Find out more about Alumni Loyalty Discount