Emergency Management in High Hazard Industries
Our MSc Emergency Management in High Hazard Industries course is designed for professionals, emergency managers and planners who have responsibility for preparing for and responding to emergencies.
Why study with us
- Get hands-on experience of managing a crisis with our Hydra Minerva Suite, a state-of-the-art facility which simulates an emergency command centre.
- This is a flexible course which you can study full-time or part-time. So if you are a current emergency management professional, you can combine your work role with this professional development opportunity.
- Ideal for professionals who will be called on to respond to emergencies at Control of Major Accident Hazards (COMAH) sites, nuclear sites, airports, utilities companies, etc.
What you'll do
- In Year 1 you’ll study Emergency Management Skills, Emergency Preparedness, Command Control and Co-ordination, and Emergency Response.
- In Year 2 you’ll study additional modules and undertake an in-depth Master’s Project.
- Enhance your leadership and problem-solving skills.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
This course will prepare you to deal effectively with major emergencies and life-threatening situations.
It’s an ideal professional development opportunity if you have responsibility for developing emergency response strategies and business continuity plans.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Justice located in the Faculty of Business and Justice
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page