Child Computer Interaction
Child Computer Interaction is a new and growing branch of Human Computer Interaction. There is an increasing need for specialists who can research, design and evaluate interactive technology for children. This research-based course enables you to explore this fascinating field.
Why study with us
- Opportunities to work directly with internationally-renowned researchers based in the University’s Child Computer Interaction Group.
- This course offers the ideal preparation for a research-focused career in an exciting and rapidly-advancing field.
What you'll do
- You’ll be provided with a grounding in postgraduate study and the key techniques and theories involving Interaction Design.
- You’ll study the specialist module Child Computer Interaction and begin the substantial MRes Project module, which involves working under supervision to complete a large research-based project.
- During the course you’ll develop theoretical understanding, practical skills and knowledge of current trends and research activity relating to CCI as well as planning, technical and critical evaluation skills.
This course is taught face-to-face at one of our UK campuses.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
View the course facilities
As part of the course you’ll have opportunities to work with external partners. We work with a range of business and organisations offering work experience opportunities and project briefs, enabling you to gain real industry experience during your studies.
The overall goal of this course is to guide you, depending on your interests, to either go out into industry or progress to an academic research career.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Psychology and Computer Science located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page