Child & Adolescent Mental Health
Gain a specialist academic qualification that’s grounded in government policies and plans to develop the UK’s healthcare workforce.
Why study with us
- The course blends academic learning with practice, so you will link your work with children, young people and their families with scheduled teaching sessions at the University.
- You’ll benefit from learning alongside peers with multi-professional qualifications and backgrounds including nursing, social work, occupational therapy, health visiting, or school nursing.
- The MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health was commissioned by the NHS and we work closely with staff from Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services and service users in the continual design and development of this course.
What You'll Do
- You’ll develop skills that are transferable to a range of settings, from social care to education, and to a range of health services specific to children and adolescents.
- You’ll learn and tackle a range of issues around attachment, normal childhood development, parenting, and trauma-informed care.
- Develop your knowledge in the area of child and adolescent mental health, developing skills that are transferrable in a range of settings from social care to education and also within a range of health services specific to children and adolescents.
This is a distance learning course which is taught entirely online with no face-to-face teaching.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
Looking to start your postgraduate journey?
Our range of subjects and study modes can support your goals, take your next step with a postgraduate degree.Discover more
Study in World Class Facilities
With the emphasis on early intervention and raising awareness of mental health issues in children and young people, the range of settings where the MSc in Child and Adolescent Mental Health could be used is constantly developing.
Fees and funding
Scholarships and bursaries
We have a wide range of scholarships, bursaries and funds available to help support you whilst studying with us.
Select your country and see eligibility information and how to apply by selecting more info on the cards below.
This course is based in the School of Nursing located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page