Senior Research Assistant
- Job Reference: REQ005929
- Date Posted: Wednesday, 13 October 2021
- Application Closing Date: Tuesday, 9 November 2021
- Location: Preston Campus
- Grade/Salary: F (£26,341- £30,497)
- Basis: Full time
- Contract Type: Fixed term contract until 30 November 2024
- Job Category / Type: Academic Research
- School/Service: IMPlementation and Capacity building Team (IMPaCT), Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Unit, Applied Health Research Hub (AHRh)
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week
- Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join IMPlementation and Capacity building Team (IMPaCT), which works in partnership with NIHR Applied Research Collaboration (ARC) NW Coast and its member organisations. Members include regional universities, NHS, local authority and third sector organisations.
Working with experienced and early career research staff, Senior Research Assistant will engage in supporting a range of health and social care research projects, including evidence synthesis and research methods input, whilst further developing their skills and experience in health research.
The successful applicant will hold Honours degree (2:1 or above) in a health-related discipline or relevant area and Master’s degree or higher postgraduate qualification in a relevant area (or equivalent).
Experience of using quantitative and qualitative methodologies and methods, undertaking research in a work environment and contributing to written research reports is essential. The successful applicant will have the ability to manage activities on a number of research-/evaluation-based projects simultaneously and will have excellent organisational skills. They will need excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to work in a team and communicate with a range of stakeholders.
Knowledge and understanding of scientific methods underpinning research, as well as interest in health and social care research are essential for this role.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.