- Job Reference: REQ006164
- Date Posted: Friday, 19 November 2021
- Application Closing Date: Sunday, 12 December 2021
- Location: Preston Campus
- Grade/Salary: E (£22,847 - £25,627)
- Basis: Full Time
- Contract Type: Fixed term contract for two years
- Job Category / Type: Professional Services
- School/Service: School of Medicine
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week
- Interview Date: To be Confirmed
We have a new position for research assistant available for an immediate start. The purpose of this role is to provide comprehensive research support relating to our partnership’s work on NHS England’s LeDeR programme, an important initiative to address the health inequalities experienced by people with learning disabilities or autistic people, with a specific focus on reducing premature deaths. Working closely with the project steering group, the work will involve organising and conducting reviews of relevant topics, collating data and producing reports, and providing support to the co-production team based at University of Central Lancashire.
The postholder will be responsible for organizing meetings and liaising with experts involved in data analysis and topic reviews; helping with data collection and management, including qualitative data during focus groups or other consultations; and conducting literature reviews. The research assistant will also be involved in generating several annual reports, as well as journal publications. The research assistant will spend 4 days a week on these tasks at UCLAN, supervised by Professor Umesh Chauhan. The assistant will also spend one day a week supporting the co-production team at KStGU - this work will be supervised by Professor Irene Tuffrey-Wijne and involves working closely with self-advocates with learning disabilities or autism, enabling them to articulate their thoughts, organizing and minuting or recording meetings, collating information and feeding this back to steering groups, as well as helping to produce accessible information and other reports. All this will require the ability to work flexibly. The postholder may also need to link with and travel to our partners, including the primary care team based at Kingston and St George’s University (KStGU) if required. The main appointment site will be University of Central Lancashire (Preston campus).
- In- depth involvement in collating information on health needs and causes of premature mortality in people with intellectual disabilities.
- Supporting the acquisition of expert opinion and conducting focus groups or other qualitative data collection and analysis.
- Support co-production activities with self-advocates and caregivers
- Conduct high-quality rapid literature reviews
- Work collaboratively within a team, both with colleagues and self-advocates on joint projects demonstrating initiative and ability to be proactive with their domain of responsibility.
- Conduct accurate data entry, data quality checks and contributing to the provision, organisation and/or analysis of research data for reporting.
- The post holder will be expected to work independently and flexibly in planning day to day activities in accordance with the project deadlines.
- To undertake any other duties, which may be required, as are consistent with the needs of the project, including administrative tasks.
- Training will be provided to familiarize the successful candidate with their
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
Please apply online via www.uclan.ac.uk/jobs; if you cannot apply online please contact Human Resources on 01772 892324 and quoting the reference number. CVs will not be considered unless accompanied by a completed application form.
School/Service: School of Medicine
Grade: E (£22,847 - £25,627)
Hours: Full time (36.25 - hours per week - 1.0 FTE)
Basis: /Fixed term contract for two years
Closing Date: 12 December 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed