Lecturer in Korean
- Job Reference: REQ005764
- Date Posted: Wednesday, 7 July 2021
- Application Closing Date: Sunday, 8 August 2021
- Location: Preston Campus
- Grade/Salary: H (£36,914 - £42,792)
- Basis: Fixed term contract until 31 May 2022 or upon the return of the substantive post holder
- Job Category / Type: Academic
- School/Service: School of Humanities, Language & Global Studies
- Hours: Full time (37 hours per week - 1.0 FTE)
- Interview Date: To be confirmed
The School of Humanities, Language and Global Studies at the University of Central Lancashire (UCLan) wishes to appoint a Lecturer in Korean to contribute to the academic development, course management, teaching, research development and scholarship within the School in the area of Korean.
The successful applicants will have a postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline and ideally completed or near completed a PhD in a relevant discipline and a REF-able Publications Profile.
Recent experience of teaching Korean Language at a range of levels in an academic environment, and of setting language assessments in Korean is essential. The post-holder should have an excellent record of working as part of an academic team, good planning and organisation skills, be fluent in Korean and English as well as a willingness to develop innovative teaching methods and materials.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston and is a temporary contract to cover for maternity leave.