Lecturer in Forensic Science
- Job Reference: REQ005539
- Date Posted: Wednesday, 2nd June 2021
- Application Closing Date: Thursday, 1st July 2021
- Location: Preston Campus
- Grade/Salary: H (£36,914 - £42,792)
- Basis: Indefinite
- Job Category / Type: Academic Research
- School/Service: School of Natural Sciences
- Hours: Full Time (37.00 hours per week – 1.0 FTE)
- Interview Date: To be confirmed
The School of Natural Sciences welcomes applications for the post of Lecturer in Forensic Science.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and skilled Forensic Science team who have knowledge and practitioner experience across a number of fields, including aspects of Forensic Science. Forensic Science at UCLan has a unique collaboration with Lancashire Constabulary in the form of the Lancashire Forensic Science Academy and the successful candidate would become an active part of this exciting venture.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are able to conduct research in an area of Forensic Science that is of a sufficiently high quality to be returnable in the 2027 Research Excellence Framework (REF). The successful candidate will have a good honours degree (or equivalent) or Masters qualification in Forensic Science or relevant discipline and a PhD in a relevant area. They will have the ability to teach and supervise dissertations up to and including Masters level and have the ability to work on their own initiative as well as part of a team.
We are looking for a candidate with a flexible and innovative approach to teaching and learning. They will also have excellent presentation and communications skills.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Carry out teaching on the BSc and MSci Forensic Science degree programmes.
- Carry out world-class research that is returnable to the REF.
- Contribute to the general development and operation of the Forensic Science programmes.
- Carry out other duties, such as course development, student recruitment and outreach, where needed.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
For an informal discussion on any of these points, or for any further information, potential applicants may contact the Head of School, Professor Derek Ward-Thompson, either by email on email@example.com or by telephone on +44-(0)1772-893829.