Lecturer in Crime Scene Investigation
- Job Reference: 0074-23
- Date Posted: Wednesday, 17 May 2023
- Application Closing Date: Tuesday, 6 June 2023
- Location: Preston Campus
- Salary: £39,592 to £45,737 per annum
- Basis: Full Time
- Contract Type: Indefinite
- Job Category / Type: Academic / Research
- School / Service: School of Natural Sciences
- Hours: 37.00 hours per week
- Interview Date: Monday 10 July 2023
The School of Natural Sciences at the University of Central Lancashire welcomes applications for the post of Lecturer in Crime Scene Investigation. The successful candidate will join a dynamic and enthusiastic Crime Scene and Forensic Science team which teach across a range of degrees including at post-graduate taught and undergraduate levels. This is an indefinite post.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Carry out teaching on the BSc and MSc Forensic Science and BSc Forensic Science and Criminal Investigation degrees
- Contribute to the general development and operation of the Forensic Science degrees.
- Carry out other duties, such as course development, student recruitment and outreach, where needed
Applicants will have a good honours degree (or equivalent) or Masters qualification in Forensic Science or a relevant discipline and have experience of Crime Scene Investigation relevant to a higher educational environment.
Applicants will have the ability to teach and supervise dissertations up to an including Masters level. they will have excellent communication and presentation skills as well as the ability to work on their own initiative and as part of a team.
For an informal discussion on any of these points, or for any further information, potential applicants may contact the Principal Lecturer, Dr Claire Williamson either by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44-(0)1772-894152.
Job description (PDF, 64.07 KB)