JHI Postdoctoral Research Assistant
- Job Reference: 0158-23
- Date Posted: Wednesday, 24 May 2023
- Application Closing Date: Tuesday, 30 May 2023
- Location: Preston Campus
- Salary: £28,131 to £32,411 per annum pro rata
- Basis: Part Time
- Contract Type: Fixed Term SPH Contract for up to 1 semester
- Job Category / Type: Professional Services
- School / Service: School of Natural Sciences
- Hours: 36.11 hours per week
- Interview Date: Tuesday 6 June 2023
The Jeremiah Horrocks Institute of Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy, within the School of Natural Sciences of the University of Central Lancashire, welcomes applications for the post of Post-Doctoral Research Assistant.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they are able to conduct research in an area of mathematics, physics or astrophysics within the JHI, and is of a sufficiently high quality to be returnable in the 2027 Research Excellence Framework (REF). A MSc or PhD in Mathematics, Physics or Astrophysics is essential.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Have recently submitted a postgraduate research thesis in an area of research undertaken in the JHI
- Conduct research under the guidance of staff in the JHI
- Carry out research that is returnable to the REF, in an area that is complementary to current areas of JHI research
- Write up results of research and contribute to the production of publications
- Contribute to the research environment of the JHI
For an informal discussion on any of these points, or for any further information, potential applicants may contact Dr Danielle Bewsher, either by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44-(0)1772-893271.
Job description (PDF, 64.94 KB)