Graduate Teaching Assistant
- Job Reference: REQ005815
- Date Posted: Tuesday, 20 July 2021
- Application Closing Date: Sunday, 15 August 2021
- Location: Burnley Campus
- Grade/Salary: F (£25,941 - £30,046)
- Basis: Fixed term contract for up to a maximum of 3 years to reflect duration of programme of study
- Job Category / Type: Professional Services
- School/Service: School of Medicine
- Hours: Full time (36.25 hours per week – 1.0 FTE)
- Interview Date: To be confirmed
The School of Medicine wishes to appoint a Graduate Teaching Assistant to provide teaching support to lecturing staff on the Medical Sciences Foundation Programme delivered at Burnley. You will support students mainly in tutorials in the areas of Biology, Chemistry, Mathematics and Academic Skills. You will also support students undertaking coursework and you will be involved in teaching related duties such as invigilating examinations and marking coursework.
Motivated and enthusiastic, candidates are required to have relevant experience in the activities undertaken within the relevant subject areas. They will hold an honours degree in a relevant subject or closely related discipline.
Effective time management and excellent communication skills are key requirements for this post.
Informal enquiries are welcomed; please contact Colin Michie in the first instance, by email –firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Burnley.