- Job Reference: REQ007283
- Date Posted: Thursday, 23 February 2023
- Application Closing Date: Sunday, 14 May 2023
- Location: Preston Campus
- Grade/Salary: F (£27,131 - £31,411)
- Basis: Full Time
- Contract Type: Fixed term contract until
- Job Category / Type: Professional Services
- School/Service: School of Humanities, Languages and Global Studies
- Hours: 36.25 hours per week
- Interview Date: The first interviews will be week commencing 27 March 2023. Interviews will be held at regular intervals until the posts are filled.
The Language Academy invites applications from qualified, experienced EFL Instructors to join the team delivering the English Summer School’s portfolio of EFL short courses in 2023. There are 4.5, 6.5 and 8.5) week contracts available. Please state which programme you are applying for on your application form.
The post is full time, including up to 20 hours a week class contact time and involving attendance off campus on trips and visits. Instructors will also carry out marking and tutorial work and will be expected to attend weekly team meetings. A 3 day induction period will be arranged prior to the start of the short courses. Contracts are offered on a full-time, fixed term basis. You must be available for the whole of that course, including the 3 day induction.
Qualifications: Applicants should have a good honours degree or equivalent in a relevant subject, relevant EFL experience, preferably in UK HE institutions, and hold relevant teaching qualifications: CELTA/Cert TESOL or equivalent.
Self-catering accommodation on campus can be arranged if required.
Informal enquiries: please contact: Matt Thurston, MThurston@uclan.ac.uk
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.
July - August 2023 (4.5, 6.5, and 9.5 week options)
Job Description / Person Specification