Business Support Assistant
- Job Reference: REQ005974
- Date Posted: Wednesday, 15 September 2021
- Application Closing Date: Tuesday, 28 September 2021
- Location: Preston Campus
- Grade/Salary: D (£20,092 - £22,254)
- Basis: Fixed term contract for 11 months, or upon return of substantive post holder, whichever is sooner
- Job Category / Type: Professional Services
- School/Service: Academic Registry
- Hours: Full time (36.25 hours per week - 1.0 FTE)
- Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are looking for an enthusiastic person to join our Student Lifecycle team within the Academic Registry, to provide a wide ranging and high-quality administrative support to the core functions and processes in relation to the student record, assessment and academic administration. You will work closely with other members of the administrative and academic team, as required.
This role would suit an individual with experience working in a busy office environment organising, updating and maintaining accurate computerised records and files, who is self-motivated, with the ability to manage busy workloads. The applicant must have a detailed understanding and experience of using Office IT applications/packages.
The successful applicants will also have a range of GCSEs, including English Language and Maths at Grade C or above, or appropriate equivalent experiential learning and the ability to work to a consistently high standard when under pressure, prioritise work and meet deadlines. A collaborative and flexible approach to working and a commitment to continuous improvement is also an essential component of the role.
Applicants need to meet all essential criteria on the person specification to be considered for interview. This position is based in Preston.