UK medical summer school for international students
Applying to medical school? Attend our one week residential programme for international students. Gain useful experience, insight, and knowledge from medical school staff.
What does the medical summer school include?
- 7 nights fully catered accommodation
- Transport between campus sites in Preston and Whitehaven
- 36 hours of expert tuition
- Practical workshops and lectures
- Advice from current medical students
- Multiple Mini Interview (MMI) mocks, guidance and practice
- Exciting social programme
- Comprehensive summer school insurance
Our School of Medicine
If you’re an overseas student looking for a place at a UK medical school, you’ve come to the right university. We have over 200 places each year for international students on our Medicine and Surgery (MBBS) programme.
- The School of Medicine is accredited by the General Medical Council (GMC) and recognised by the Royal College of Surgeons (RCS).
- We have been successfully training doctors since 2015
- Our course offers early patient contact from year 1 in the UK NHS
- You'll get taught by an expert team of practising clinicians, scientists, and recently qualified doctors
- We have a diverse and multi-cultural student population. Our support services for international students are second-to-none.
The School of Medicine has UK campus sites in Preston, Burnley and Westlakes, near the English Lake District National Park in Cumbria.
The medical summer school will take place at our Westlakes Campus near Whitehaven, Cumbria. You will also get the chance to visit our Preston Campus on the day of arrival and tour the facilities prior to onward travel to Westlakes.
All our campuses are fully equipped with state-of-the-art facilities including
- Dedicated, high-specification medical skills laboratories
- NHS standard equipment with linked bedside computers and cameras
- Anatomage virtual dissection tables and simulation models
- Human Anatomy Resource and Learning Centres
You'll stay in Summergrove Halls whilst at the medical summer school. It's a modern accommodation nestled in its own beautiful gardens. You'll get iconic English Lakeland scenery in all directions.
The halls are only a short walk from the UCLan Westlakes Campus. All rooms will be single-occupancy en-suite.
Meet the team
- Professor Cathy Jackson
- Professor Stuart Maitland-Knibb
- Elizabeth Chaplin-Brice – National Centre for Remote and Rural Medicine Manager / Safeguarding Lead
- Dr Tim Smith – Academic Lead, Westlakes Campus
- Dr Antonio Villarivera – Lecturer in Physician Associate and Medicine Programmes
- Charlotte Thomas – Outreach and Widening Support Officer / Safeguarding Lead
Dates: Sunday 9th to Sunday 16th July 2023
Location: The medical summer school will primarily take place in our Westlakes campus in Cumbria. Transport will be provided from Preston.
Arrival time and location: 11.00am (BST) on Sunday 9 July 2023 at UCLan School of Medicine, Preston Campus
Departure time and location: 11.00am (BST) on Sunday 16 July 2023 at UCLan School of Medicine, Preston Campus
Address: School of Medicine, Harrington Building, Victoria Street, Preston, PR1 7QS, Lancashire, UK