The 6th Authenticity To Action Conference
Celebrating Public and Patient Involvement in Health and Social Care Education.
The last two decades have seen a welcome growth in creative and innovative involvement for the inclusion of the public and patient voice within the health and social care higher education. We are encouraged that service user and carer involvement can continue to thrive even through a global pandemic when social distancing and virtual blended learning has become normal practice.
The conference aims to celebrate and provide a forum for all those involved in this work, including learning from our community partners. We will examine new innovations, critically reflect upon the impact of involvement, network and share our ideas. This will be a free conference as it is completely online, though you will need to register your attendance at the top of the page by clicking 'book here'.
The conference themes and call for abstract information can be found in the tabs below.
Please note the deadline for abstracts is Friday 8 January 2021.
The conference themes are:
- Sustaining authentic involvement whilst facing resource and governance pressures.
- Re-thinking authentic involvement for blended learning and a post-Covid world.
- Innovation and creativity in delivering public/patient engagement in Higher Education.
- Involvement of children, young people and other ‘seldom heard’ voices.
- Involvement from curriculum development to admissions, classroom delivery and assessment.
- Sustaining vibrant, creative and nourishing opportunities in which all service users, public, patients, carers and community partners can all flourish and maintain their wellbeing.
- Evaluating the impact of involvement work and involvement in evaluating students.
- Best practice in simulation-based learning and case study work.
- Co-production and participation in research.