The 9th Japan Day
This year we celebrate our 9th Japan Day here at UCLan, there will be lots of Japanese themed activities, food and performances, don't miss out.
The Japan Day at UCLan is back for the 9th time on Friday 3rd February 2023.
It keeps on evolving and growing bigger every year. The day is going to be opened by the VIP from the Japanese Embassy and the Taiko Drumming performance. Some part of the event including one Taiko drumming workshop is going to be BSL interpreted.
We are holding the event in Harrington Social Space , you can expect to find activities such as:
- Japanese Drum Performances and Workshops
- Origami explained with math (BSL interpreted)
- Taiko Workshop
- Okinawa Karate
- Tea Ceremony demonstration
- Taiko Main Performance
- First ever Origami airplane competition
- Sho-do: Calligraphy
- Student displays and performances
There will also be delicious Japanese food served at the event.