ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management - Part Time
Develop your leadership and management confidence and capability to support yourself, your team, and your organisation more effectively.
The ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management is an ideal qualification for individuals with responsibility for leadership and management as part of their day-to-day role, or who are aspiring to management roles.
You’ll be introduced to a range of theories, models and practices enabling you to develop your leadership and management confidence and capability to support yourself, your team, and your organisation more effectively.
The course is designed as a series of interactive workshops, with four modules delivered over 11 full days (Thursdays) across a period of six months.*
Each day is structured to provide a blend of content delivery, small-group work, and whole group discussions to allow you the opportunity to apply the theories and models to your own context and learn from the experiences of other participants.
In addition to classroom attendance and virtual learning support, the course will require self-directed research to prepare for assessment tasks, and delegates are encouraged to maintain a learning log to capture key learning and personal development.
- 20 April 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 27 April 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 25 May 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 1 June 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 06 July 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 13 July 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 20 July 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 7 September 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 14 September 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 21 September 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
- 28 September 23 9:30 – 4:30pm BST
The course covers four modules:
• Developing Individual Mental Toughness
• Becoming an Effective Leader
• Leading Innovation and Change
• Managing for Efficiency and Effectiveness
Outcomes for participants
• Develop your ability to lead, motivate and inspire
• Benchmark your managerial skills
• Raise your profile within your organisation
• Provide strategic leadership as well as day-to-day management
• Use core management techniques to drive better results
• Gain a recognised qualification
Benefits for Employers
• Encourage strategic thinking at this level of management to foster business improvement
• Engage aspiring, first-line, and middle managers with training and development – the qualification is designed to provide clear, measurable benefits to career-minded professionals.
Course Fee: £1,750 - This includes ILM registration and exam fees.
Please note that if the qualification has not been completed within 12 months of the course start date there may be an additional charge.
Institute of Leadership and Management Membership
All ILM learners receive a minimum of 12 months membership of the Institute of Leadership and Management, bringing access to a wealth of resources to support their leadership development.
How Do I Apply?
Please email LSBEcpd@uclan.ac.uk and a pre-enrolment form will be sent to you. Once the pre-enrolment form is returned to us, the course tutor will undertake a short informal interview to determine the applicant’s suitability for the course.
For further information please email: LSBEcpd@uclan.ac.uk or take a look at the ILM website here