Get Ahead University Experience Week
Come and join us at our free University Experience Week event and gain valuable skills in study techniques, team working, leadership skills, problem solving and much more.
With lots of different practical and fun activities over four days, these events will empower you, introduce you to Higher Education (HE), and give you an insight into university life.
Who can take part?
Pupils who take part in this programme must be from one of the following groups:
- Live in a low HE-participation neighbourhood (POLAR4 Q1 or Q2) - Check here
- Live in an area of high deprivation (IMD D1-4) - Check here
- Eligible for pupil premium
- Would be the first in their immediate family to go to university
- Looked after children or care-leavers
- Have caring responsibilities
- Forced migrants
- Have a disability
- Gypsy Roma Traveller background
- Are from a military family
Here’s an idea of what you can expect:
- Communication Skills Workshop: Aims to help young people show up and show out in life's biggest situations. Expect mad energy, big moments and to step out of your comfort zones.
- Adrenaline-filled activity day: Challenge yourself, try something new and improve your leadership skills at our outdoor activity day. From canoeing to archery, it’s not one to be missed!
- Life as a student: Experience a day in the life of a university student, with a wide range of activities designed to give you a real idea of what being a student is like!
- Wellbeing: Finish off the week with a day packed with workshops tailored to looking after your wellbeing. Practice your cooking skills or wind down with some mindfulness activities
For further information please contact the Widening Participation Team