Developing Mental Toughness: for Apprentices & Mentors in Lancashire SMEs
For most if not all of us, work and life have changed, and the pace of change has accelerated. Uncertainty and complexity are the norm rather than the exception. So how do we make the shift from surviving to thriving? The phrases ‘mental toughness’ and ‘resilience’ are over-used, and often misunderstood.
This one-day course will help you understand what mental toughness really is and how it can make a difference to your performance, wellbeing and achievements.
Designed for Apprentices and their Workplace Mentors in Lancashire-based SMEs, this fully-funded* one-day course will give you the opportunity to:
• understand what ‘mental toughness’ is and is not, and why it matters
• assess your own mental toughness
• learn a range of tools you can use to develop your mental toughness
• develop a personal action plan that builds on your strengths
*see LEAP eligibility criteria
Ticket sales will end on 24th March 2023
The Lancashire Engaging Apprentices Programme (LEAP) is designed to maximise the impact of apprenticeships in Lancashire SMEs through fully-funded* learning and development events, coaching, and training. We provide additional, complementary, and targeted opportunities to enable apprentices, their mentors, and the SME organisation to get the most from their apprenticeship investment.
*To be eligible participants must be:
- Aged 16 or over
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Employed within a Lancashire-based SME**
- An apprentice, or mentoring, managing or working in a role supporting apprentices, or aspiring to develop the skills to do so.
**‘Lancashire’ means based in a Lancashire County Council, Blackburn with Darwen or Blackpool postcode area; an SME (Small, Medium Enterprise) is an enterprise with less than 250 employees, turnover less than 50 million Euros or balance sheet total of less than 43 million Euros.
As an ESF-funded project, there is some paperwork to complete to evidence that you’re eligible, but a member of the LEAP Team will be able to support you to complete this.
If you have any questions, please email: ContactLEAP@uclan.ac.uk