Our FdSc Technician Scientist apprenticeship is a government-led initiative that takes higher education into the apprenticeship market for the very first time. Delve into four key areas to enhance your skill set: theoretical knowledge, practical training, laboratory management and professional development.
Why study with us
- Our laboratory management module is based around health, safety and good laboratory practice.
- We work with employers to provide a tailored laboratory experience, which is personal to you.
- We’ll support you in applying for the Registered Science Technician (RSciTech) award from the Royal Society of Chemistry.
Why choose a Degree Apprenticeship?
With a Degree Apprenticeship you get a great qualification and a career boost. It’s the perfect opportunity to develop your skills and knowledge through work-based learning, as you earn.
You’ll grow and nurture your talent through the forward-thinking businesses we collaborate with to offer a Degree Apprenticeship.
Who is this course for?
Our programme is for individuals who are working within various laboratory-based roles within chemical, pharmaceutical, formulated products or analytical services.
What you'll do
- You’ll benefit from a University approach that makes your learning relevant to real applications – in business, industry or research.
- You’ll become an active part of our vibrant research culture – through research informed teaching, projects and funded internships.
- You’ll take on an industry related reflection module – this will link your learning experience to your own industrial experience.
Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of our published course information. However, our programmes are subject to ongoing review and development. Changing circumstances may cause alteration to, or the cancellation of, courses. Changes may be necessary to comply with the requirements of accrediting bodies or revisions to subject benchmarks statements. As well as to keep courses updated and contemporary, or as a result of student feedback. We reserve the right to make variations if we consider such action to be necessary or in the best interests of students.
View the course facilities
Information for employers
An apprentice is employed to do a real job while studying for a formal qualification, usually for one day a week at one of our campuses or training centres.
This course meets Apprenticeship Standards and your apprentice will have the knowledge and skills to either succeed in their chosen career or progress to the next apprenticeship level.
Benefits to the employer
- Successful graduates will have an increased ability and skill set within the sector, and enhance a company’s reputation with external consumers, through investing in their own workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to develop your business and the leaders of tomorrow, while creating a more motivated and productive workforce.
- Apprenticeships can provide a way to succession plan, enabling specific skill sets to be retained within your business.
This course is based in the School of Natural Sciences located in the Faculty of Science and Technology
For information on possible changes to course information, see our Essential and Important Course Information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at The University of Central Lancashire on our Student Contract page