Therapeutic Work with Children & Adolescents
This course aims to provide a therapeutic base for professionals who are working with children and adolescents. It will provide both the strategies and the underpinning theory for working with children and adolescents appealing to all professionals in this sector, e.g. teachers, counsellors, nursery nurses, social workers, youth workers etc.
The module is part-time, delivered via blended learning (ie, online/on-site) and so is particularly suited to those in employment. It carries twenty credits at Level 7, which can contribute to further study at Level 7. It covers:
- Child and adolescent development, including attachment theory and developmental trauma.
- The theoretical background to therapeutic play and practical methods of working with children and adolescents including skills work.
- Safeguarding, legal and ethical issues involved in working with children and adolescents.
Award: Cert, CPD
Level: Short Course, CPD
Study Mode: Part time
Duration: Four months
Start Date: The next start date of this programme is to be confirmed shortly
- First Degree in a related field and/or a Graduate Diploma in Counselling or equivalent.
- Fluent oral and written English required.
This course is based in the School of Nursing located in the Faculty of Health and Care
For information on possible changes to course information, see our essential and important course information
You can find regulations and policies relating to student life at the University of Central Lancashire on our student contract page