This workshop will raise your awareness of the tell-tale signs of abuse, and give you the tools and confidence you need to deal with any issues sensitively, appropriately and effectively should the need ever arise in your coaching career.
AWARD TYPE: Short Course
LEVEL:Short Course / CPD
STUDY MODE: Part time
DELIVERY METHOD: Campus
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Day
SCHOOL: School of Sport and Health Sciences
PARTNER COLLEGES: No Partner College
START DATE: Wednesday 10th April 2019 (6 – 9pm, Greenbank GR230)
Maximum course numbers = 20
(students can go on a waiting list after the course is full)
- 1 day course.
- Meet the 'Minimum Standard for Active Coaches' requirement for many governing bodies of sport.
- Enhance coaching skills and knowledge.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Identify and recognise good coaching practice and the implications for your coaching.
- Explore your values and feelings in relation to child abuse, and recognise their potential impact on your response.
- Recognise and respond to possible signs of child abuse.
- Take appropriate action if concerns about a child arise.
We have strong links with a large number of sports organisations, including public and private sector providers, professional teams and clubs including Wigan Warriors RLFC, Preston North End FC and Preston City Council.
You can contact the Student Fees and Funding Team via phone, email, or post. If you are on the campus you can call into The 'i', for advice.
Tel: +44 (0)1772 892440
Student Fees and Funding Team, Foster Building 117, UCLan, Preston, PR1 2HE
Payment made over the phone at UCLan Sports Arena 01772 761000 or in person at Sir Tom Finney Sports Centre.