These workshops have been developed for any unregistered practitioners who have already completed the 2-day foundation training.
AWARD TYPE: Short Course
STUDY MODE: None
DELIVERY METHOD: Campus
COURSE LENGTH: The workshop will run from 9.00am – 12.30pm
SCHOOL: School of Community Health and Midwifery
PARTNER COLLEGES: No Partner College
START DATE: 25 September 2020
Who should attend: Any non-registered practitioners, for example health care assistants and health care support workers who have previously undertaken comprehensive foundation immunisation training.
Maximum number of participants: 15
Provision of a regular and ongoing programme of updates for those HCSWs who have completed the initial immunisation training should be seen as a priority. A minimum of a once yearly update is recommended.
These training sessions have been developed around the Public Health England (2015) Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training of Healthcare Support Workers.
Family, Community and Public Health Team
The Family, Community and Public Health Team have been involved in delivering vaccinations and training to different client groups for a number of years.
By the end of the workshop participants will refresh their knowledge on the following core areas:
1. current issues in influenza, shingles and/or pneumococcal vaccination
2. recent epidemiology of influenza, shingles and/or pneumococcal disease
3. any changes to the recommendations or national policy for influenza, shingles and/or pneumococcal immunisation
4. update on vaccine administration
5. any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
6. anaphylaxis recognition and management
7. review of current practice and identification of areas for improvement
8. review of support strategies
9. Q&A session for commonly encountered problems in practice
You can contact the Student Fees and Funding Team via phone, email, or post. If you are on the campus you can call into The 'i', for advice.
Tel: +44 (0)1772 892440
Student Fees and Funding Team, Foster Building 117, UCLan, Preston, PR1 2HE
For 2018/19 fees please refer to our fees page.