These workshops have been developed for any registered practitioners who have already completed the 2-day foundation training.
AWARD TYPE: Short Course
LEVEL:Short Course / CPD
STUDY MODE: None
DELIVERY METHOD: Campus
COURSE LENGTH: The workshop will run from 1.00 – 4.30pm
SCHOOL: School of Community Health and Midwifery
PARTNER COLLEGES: No Partner College
START DATE: 24 September 2020
Who should attend: Any registered practitioners who have previously undertaken comprehensive foundation immunisation training.
Maximum number of participants: 15
It is recommended that annual updates should be provided for all immunisers.
These training sessions have been developed around the Public Health England (2018) Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners.
Family Community and Public Health Team
The Family Community and Public Health Team have been involved in delivering vaccinations and training to different client groups for a number of years.
By the end of the workshop participants will refresh their knowledge on the following core areas:
1. Current issues in immunisation
2. Recent epidemiology of vaccine preventable disease
3. Any changes to vaccine recommendations or national policy
4. Update on vaccine ordering, storage and administration
5. Any changes to legislation relevant to vaccination
6. Review of current practice, recent vaccine incidents and identification of areas for improvement
7. Q&A session for problems encountered in practice
You can contact the Student Fees and Funding Team via phone, email, or post. If you are on the campus you can call into The 'i', for advice.
Tel: +44 (0)1772 892440
Student Fees and Funding Team, Foster Building 117, UCLan, Preston, PR1 2HE
Course fee: £45