These workshops have been developed for any registered practitioner who will be delivering immunisations in any setting.
LEVEL:Short Course / CPD
STUDY MODE: None
DELIVERY METHOD: Mixed Mode
COURSE LENGTH: You are required to attend 9.00am - 4.30pm
SCHOOL: School of Community Health and Midwifery
PARTNER COLLEGES: No Partner College
START DATE: 23 September 2020
Who should attend? Any registered practitioners new to immunisations.
Maximum number of participants: 15
To achieve competence in immunisation and vaccination the registered practitioner must undertake three components:
1. Complete specified HEE e-learn modules
2. Attend one full day workshop
3. Complete the PHE competency assessment tool
These training sessions have been developed around the Public Health England (2018) Minimum Standards and Core Curriculum for Immunisation Training for Registered Healthcare Practitioners.
Family, Community and Public Health Team
The Family, Community and Public Health Team have been involved in delivering vaccinations and training to different client groups for a number of years.
By the end of the workshop participants will develop knowledge in the Public Health England (2018) 12 core areas of immunisation:
1. The aims of immunisation, national vaccine policy and schedules
2. The immune response to vaccines and how vaccines work
3. Vaccine preventable diseases
4. The different types of vaccines, their composition and the indications and contraindications
5. Current issues in immunisation
6. Communicating with patients, parents and carers about vaccines
7. Legal issues in immunisation
8. Storage and handling of vaccines
9. Correct administration of vaccines
10. Anaphylaxis and adverse reactions
11. Documentation, record keeping and reporting
12. Strategies for optimising immunisation uptake
You can contact the Student Fees and Funding Team via phone, email, or post. If you are on the campus you can call into The 'i', for advice.
Tel: +44 (0)1772 892440
Student Fees and Funding Team, Foster Building 117, UCLan, Preston, PR1 2HE
Course fee: £90