Short Course / CPD
Half day workshop
No Partner College
1st October 2019 or 5th May 2020 - 1:30-4:00pm
Who Should Attend?
Any registered nurse who is currently actively involved in supporting trainees undertaking the practical elements of a cervical smear training programme
Maximum number of participants: 20
- Outline the factors that influence learning clinical skills in practice
- Create a supportive learning environment
- Discuss a range of strategies to support trainees undertaking cervical smear training in practice
- Refer trainees to relevant learning resources
- Understand the professional responsibilities of mentoring trainees undertaking smear taking practice
- Understand the competency framework trainees are required when obtaining cervical cytology samples and can recognises capable, safe and effective practice
Debbie is Principal Lecturer in Sexual Health. She delivers a variety of reproductive and sexual health modules at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Debbie is a qualified contraceptive health nurse, smear taker and undertakes observational visits within local CASH services to maintain her knowledge and support her educational and clinical role.
At the end of the workshop you will be able to:
We have great links with employers including household names such as Sony, BAE Systems and Apple. We also have links with the smaller companies in the region and offer help and assistance to more than 1,000 of these – with many of our graduates staying in the region it is important we develop these relationships.
UCLan is recognised for its outstanding course provision which gives students the skills, knowledge, and personal attributes necessary to succeed at the University and in their future careers. To find out more about the experiences of our students, read our success stories.
You can contact the Student Fees and Funding Team via phone, email, or post. If you are on the campus you can call into The 'i', for advice.
Tel: +44 (0)1772 892440
Student Fees and Funding Team, Foster Building 117, UCLan, Preston, PR1 2HE
WORKSHOP COST: £45