This is a basic level coaching qualification and leads onto the Level 2 qualification. It’s great if you’re planning to work alongside a club coach in a school or coaching environment.
You will need to be under supervision and it is a supporting role.
AWARD TYPE: Short Course
LEVEL:Short Course / CPD
STUDY MODE: Part time
DELIVERY METHOD: Campus
COURSE LENGTH: 1 Day
SCHOOL: School of Sport and Health Sciences
PARTNER COLLEGES: No Partner College
START DATE: TBC
Maximum course numbers = 14
(A waiting list after the course is full)
The role of the Level 1 coach is to: ‘Assist more qualified coaches, delivering aspects of coaching sessions, normally under direct supervision’.
By successfully completing a Level 1 coaching qualification, as part of a UKCC endorsed coach education programme, coaches will be able to:
• prepare for the delivery of coaching activities
- taking into account participants’ needs and motives
- establish a safe working environment
• deliver prepared activities of the coaching sessions
- establish working relationships with participants and others
- prepare the participants for the coaching activities
- support participants behaviour
- deliver prepared activities
- conclude the activities
• evaluate the effectiveness of coaching activities
- review the activities
- contribute to the evaluation of participants
- continuously develop personal practice
• gain knowledge and understanding of:
- safe and ethical coaching practice
- the types and methods of communication to establish effective working relationships with participants and others
- methods to develop participants’ performance and enjoyment
- adapting coaching practice to meet participants’ needs, their abilities and stages of development
- the methods to evaluate coaching activities and reflect on personal coaching
- the basic rules of the game -- contact, movement and dribbling.
- introducing the techniques and basic skills of Footwork, Passing, Shooting, Dribbling, Offence and Defence
- Introducing the game to beginners
The coach tutors, assessors and verifiers are fully trained and accredited to deliver the best quality course and learning environment as is possible for each candidate.
- Enables you to work alongside a club coach
- NGB level 1 qualification
- The Basketball UKCC at Levels 1 qualification sit on the National Qualifications Framework
- The qualifications will meet the UKCC endorsed quality standard
- The qualifications have been designed to meet the needs of our coaches and vitally our players at the appropriate level
- The coach tutors, assessors and verifiers are fully trained and accredited to deliver the best quality course and learning environment as is possible for each candidate
- Supports coaches to develop ‘core’ coaching skills to support their players
We have strong links with a large number of sports organisations, including public and private sector providers, professional teams and clubs including Wigan Warriors RLFC, Preston North End FC and Preston City Council.
You can contact the Student Fees and Funding Team via phone, email, or post. If you are on the campus you can call into The 'i', for advice.
Tel: +44 (0)1772 892440
Student Fees and Funding Team, Foster Building 117, UCLan, Preston, PR1 2HE
For all enquiries please contact UCLan Sports Arena:
T: 01772 761000