Digital Marketing and Cyber Security Skills Bootcamps
Part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee, helping everyone gain skills for life
Skills Bootcamps are free, flexible courses of up to 16 weeks, giving people the opportunity to build up sector-specific skills and fast-track to an interview with an employer. Skills Bootcamps are fully funded for learners (by the Department for Education/the government).
Our Skills Bootcamps provide Lancashire residents the opportunity to build up their digital marketing or cyber security skills and fast-track to an interview with a local employer. You can choose either of the skills pathways and each course is 12 weeks long.
How will I benefit?
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop digital marketing or cyber security skills and a guaranteed job interview with the aim of achieving employment with a local employer.
By taking part in the Skills Bootcamp you will:
- Develop digital marketing or cyber security skills to enable you, on completion of the programme, to be interviewed by local employers who are looking to recruit in these areas.
- Improve your potential for securing employment, career development and advancement.
The digital marketing stream will teach you the following:
- Content marketing
- Conversion tools
- Email marketing
- Marketing mix
- Marketing strategy
- Paid search
- Portfolio development
- Project management
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Social media
The cyber security stream will teach you the following:
- Cyber security
- Open Source Intelligence (OSINT) Framework
- Future trends
- Open Source tools
- Protection techniques for businesses
- Risk reduction
- Threats, vulnerabilities and attacks
Gallery01 / 03
You will have:
- A guaranteed job interview on completion of the programme.
- Support including one-to-one coaching to monitor achievement of the personalised learning plans, application, and interview support.
Am I eligible for the Skills Bootcamp Programme?
The project provides support for the following individuals:
- Aged 19 or over
- Unemployed in the last 12 months
- Returning from a career break
- Resident of Lancashire
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
For more information, please email us.
Secure your place on the Skills Bootcamp
Please click on the ‘apply now’ button to express an interest in the course. We will use the information you provide to make an initial assessment of your eligibility for the course. If you meet the eligibility criteria, we will send you further information and details of how to apply. Alternatively, we will notify you that you do not meet the eligibility criteria. If you opt to receive email communications from us about University news and events, we will use your information to send you relevant communications.
We will retain your expression of interest form until the 12-week course is complete, whether or not you are eligible or go on to apply. If you opt in to receiving email news and updates from us, we will retain your form until such a time as you ask us to remove you from our mailing list.
For further information about data protection at UCLan, please see the data protection pages of our website.