Leadership and Management training
The Leading Lancashire project is part-funded by the European Social Fund and delivers leadership and management training for the Lancashire workforce, enabling people to develop their skills through training, coaching and support.
Although anyone working in a Lancashire based SME is eligible, we have a focus on supporting women to develop their leadership and management careers.
How will I benefit?
By taking part in the Leading Lancashire project and programme, you will:
- Develop effective leadership and management knowledge, skills and behaviours
- Gain nationally recognised leadership and management qualifications
- Improve your potential for career development and advancement
What does the Leading Lancashire project offer?
- Skills and confidence development programmes to increase your capacity to take up leadership and management opportunities – including coaching, mentoring and support – with specific programmes for women
- Bespoke leadership and management programmes for employees, co-designed with Lancashire businesses to include succession planning
- Access to leadership and management qualifications/units from Level 3 to Level 7
- Leadership and management bridging programmes to prepare employees for higher-level apprenticeships and qualifications
We work collaboratively with you to help with your leadership and management training and development requirements. We develop a learning programme for your time on the project and support you in achieving your goals. Your programme may include accredited training, coaching and mentoring, with attendance at seminars and master classes.
We are the lead accountable body for the project and one of the delivery partners. The Leadership Hub (Lancashire School of Business and Enterprise) are responsible for the project management and delivery. There are 10 delivery partners on the project:
- Blackburn College
- Burnley College
- East Lancashire Chamber of Commerce
- Edge Hill University
- Lancaster and Morecambe College
- Myerscough College
- Preston’s College
Am I eligible for Leading Lancashire?
The project provided support for the following individuals:
- Aged 16 or over
- Eligible to live and work in the UK
- Working for a Lancashire based SME. ‘Lancashire’ means based in a Lancashire County Council, Blackburn with Darwen or Blackpool postcode area. An SME (Small, Medium Enterprise) is an enterprise with less than 250 employees.