Creative Innovation Zone
Are you looking to work with our students to respond to a business challenge with creativity and innovation?
The Creative Innovation Zone (CIZ) offers organisations from a wide range of sectors a direct route to access imaginative and talented students, expert academics and a dedicated project team to respond to your industry challenges. Our interdisciplinary approach enables students and academics from subject areas such as: design, engineering, media, science to apply creative thinking to industry-led briefs to deliver innovative and unique outcomes.
Benefits to business
- A bespoke product or service
- Access to students’ fresh ideas and academic expertise
- Nurturing the talent of the future
- Concept Design
- Ideation Facilitation
- Project Management
- Research & Development
Work with us in five simple steps
- Outline your challenge to our Creative Innovation Zone project team
- We match your challenge to the talents, skills and resources within the University
- Our students explore creative ideas with academic support
- Collectively we agree your preferred options
- Our students deliver solutions for your business and gain valuable industry experience working for you.
To sustain our programme, we ask for employer contributions, often using Corporate Social Responsibility funds to cover the cost and to enable us to continue to provide this direct access to the next generation of talent for your business or organisation.
Social sponsorship opportunities
Are you a large employer looking for an opportunity to ‘give back’? CIZ is inviting organisations to support their communities by sponsoring projects which benefit wider society.
"Age UK Stockport's experience of working with UCLan's Creative Innovation Zone has been fantastic. Collaborating to develop a solution to our brief we have been so impressed by the quality of ideations, creative thinking, and final outcome."— Lee Speed, Age UK Stockport
Meet the team
"It was a great experience for us to collaborate with UCLan Fashion Promotion students – a real breath of fresh air to work with young people who can apply their creativity so easily. The group had a dynamic approach and their passion shone through. The findings from the project have already been used within the business."— Karen Cooper, Blackpool Transport