Yvonne is a professionally qualified accountant and a professionally qualified tax accountant. She teaches Taxation and Entrepreneurial Theory and Practice. In recognition of their contributions to teaching, Yvonne is a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
Yvonne's role includes the development of Executive Education courses within the Lancashire School of Enterprise, including The Institute of Leadership and Management qualifications. . Her role encompasses knowledge transfer activities including bid and tender writing. She is the founder of the School's Tax Club in partnership with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales and Chair of the Enterprising Women's Group.
In 1991 after graduating from Edinburgh University with a first class Master’s degree, Yvonne joined the Arthur Andersen Manchester office based in the Tax department. Upon successfully qualifying as a chartered accountant with the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, she then joined Ernst and Young as a Tax supervisor in 1994. Following qualification as a Chartered Tax Advisor in 1996, Yvonne then changed careers and joined BPP Professional Education in 1997 as a lecturer in Professional Accountancy exams. Her main subject was Taxation as well as Financial Accountancy and Economics for all Accountancy Professional Qualifications After five great years at BPP, Yvonne set up her own company to provide professional tuition to all private tuition firms including Kapan Financial. Yvonne has taught in across the world including the Far East, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Cyprus. In 2009, Yvonne made the switch from teaching in the private sector to the public sector and joined Manchester Metropolitan University as a Senior Lecturer. She progressed to Principal Lecturer in 2011, Associate Head of Department in 2014, finally Head of Business and Public Engagement in 2016. In September 2017 , Yvonne joined the University of Central Lancashire within the School of Business as a Principal Lecturer and Academic Lead for Innovation and Enterprise Yvonne has also been engaged in the following activities Writer and Technical Advisor for Computer Based examinations, Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA). (1 March 2014 - Present). Tax Technical Advisor for the Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting. (May 2016-present) External Marker, Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). (December 2011 - Present). Guest Lecturer, Lecturer, Association of Accounting Technicians. (April 2008 - Present). Manchester Metropolitan University - Faculty Standing Panel chair, January 2016 - Present. Manchester Metropolitan University - Faculty Academic Quality & Standards Committee Member, December 2014 - Present. Manchester Metropolitan University - Undergraduate Programme Sub-Committee Member, August 2014 - Present.
- Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting (CIPFA) (December 2014-Present)
- PG Certificate ( Academic Practice ) , Manchester Metropolitan University , 201
- Higher Education Academy (HEA). (June 2011 - Present)
- Chartered Institute of Taxation (CTA). (1996 - Present)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). (1994 - Present)
- MA ( Economics and Accounting ) Joint Honours , First Class, Edinburgh University , 1991
- Member of The Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accounting (CIPFA) (Dec 2014-Present)
- Member of the Higher Education Academy (HEA). (June 2011 - Present)
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (CTA). (1996 - Present)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW). (1994 - Present)
- Yvonne is also Vice President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales Manchester Committee